Vision & Mission
Biathlon Saskatchewan is a provincial club-based organization dedicated to promoting the sport of Biathlon in Saskatchewan. Our mission is to encourage participation and excellence in our sport by delivering athlete centred training that enables athletes of various ages to excel to the best of their abilities at every stage of their growth and development in the sport.
We would like to see biathlon regarded as a primary sport of choice for Saskatchewan residents with Biathlon Saskatchewan sanctioned clubs established throughout the province. Our ideal is to have our biathletes participating provincially and inter provincially achieving personal growth, growing self-esteem and excellence while promoting the values of the sport of Biathlon in a safe environment.
Athletes, officials, coaches and all other members will assume responsibility for and
act ethically and with integrity, in support of the Mission, Vision and Value Statements
of the Organization.
- Biathlon in Saskatchewan will be athlete centred, member based, and volunteer driven.
- Athletes, officials, coaches and volunteers will continuously be accountable to the highest standards of ethics, conduct and performance.
- Athletes will continuously work to improve their performance levels through practice, continuing education and promotion of a healthy lifestyle.
- Safety is important to the Organization.
- Participants will abide by all government regulations with respect to the control and transportation of firearms.
- Honesty, courtesy and respect for the rights of others will form the basis of the Organization’s dealings.
- Service to the members and public shall be without bias.
- Effective communication will be promoted throughout all levels of the Organization.
- Enjoyment and satisfaction will be gained from participating in Biathlon as an athlete, coach, official or volunteer.